Letter from U-5 Age Group Coordinator
Aloha AYSO Kaneohe Under-5 Parents, Guardians and Families,
Thank you for registering your child with the Kaneohe AYSO Region’s Under-5 (U-5) program.
There will be two short informational meetings on Monday, December 10th, and Tuesday, December 11th, 2012, 7:00 p.m. at Puohala Elementry School Cafeteria. Parents may attend on either date. The meeting agenda will include a brief overview of the AYSO U-5 Jamboree One-With-One program, a short video, an introduction of your U-5 master coaches and supporting Kaneohe AYSO board members, and the distribution of the season schedule and player uniforms.
The season will commence on Saturday, January 12, 2013 and run for six consecutive Saturdays, ending on February 16, 2013. There will be two sessions per Saturday, one for the Girls and one for the Boys. The first session for the Girls will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Jan 12, followed by the Boys session at 11:00. Each week after that will see the Girls and Boys alternate the 9:00 and 11:00 sessions with the Boys starting at 9:00 on Jan 19. All sessions will be held at Kaneohe District Park between Kahekili Hwy and the tennis courts.
Photo packages already paid for when you registered your child to play will be shot on Saturday, January 19. The Boys will have their photos taken from 8:00-9:00 a.m., with the Girls taken from 10:00-11:00 a.m. Finished photo packages will be distributed on February 9 and 16.
MANDATORY PARENT VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
As most of you know, AYSO is an all-volunteer organization, and one of the requirements of participating in our U-5 program as set forth by our National Office is that each player must be accompanied on the field during portions of each session by a parent or other responsible individual (family member or trusted friend) at least 12-yrs of age*.
* Individuals under the age of 18 must complete the AYSO Youth Volunteer Application Form.
As an active participant, this individual must be registered as an AYSO volunteer, and is required to complete the online AYSO Volunteer Application Form. Applying is a simple process, free and is meant to protect not only our volunteers, but most importantly, to protect our players. The information you submit with your online application form and submitted to AYSO National is kept confidential and secure.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE AS AN AYSO VOLUNTEER: (Only if player is accepted). We highly recommend that all parents complete, print and sign their application forms and bring them with you to either informational meeting on Dec 10th or 11th. All volunteer applicants must be registered by January 12, 2013.
1. Go to www.eayso.org and create a log in account if it's your first time. Otherwise, log in
2. Return to Home page and click on "I am new to AYSO and want to volunteer". Click on either “I want to do my part as an AYSO volunteer” or “I want to do my part as an AYSO youth volunteer”, then click “next”
3. Complete the application. (Please be sure to include email address where noted as this is how you will be contacted primarily)
4. Print and sign two copies.
5. If you can’t bring your completed forms on Dec 10th or Dec 11th, you may mail your completed Volunteer Application Form to:
Kaneohe AYSO Region 113
PO Box 404
Kaneohe, HI 96744
IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION: While offline hardcopy applications are available, we strongly recommend that parents complete and print their volunteer application forms ONLINE, as your SSN and DL will NOT appear on your printed volunteer application form if completed ONLINE. While we do our best to ensure that your confidential information remains secure, if you choose to fill out an application in person, it will be on a hard copy triplicate form with your (required) SSN and Driver's License information exposed. You will also need to provide a form of identification (driver's license, State ID, etc.) if applying offline.
If you know of other families with children born between August 1, 2007 and July 31, 2008 (inclusive) interested in signing up for our Spring 2013 U-5 season, player registration may be completed online at www.eayso.org with completed forms and fees submitted in person at one of the scheduled informational meetings on Dec 10 or 11, 2012, or mailed to the address below. Please note that forms and/or fees received after December 11, 2012 MAY NOT receive their uniforms by January 12, 2013.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A PLAYER:
1. Go to www.eayso.org and create a log in account if it's your first time. Otherwise, log in.
2. Return to the Home page and click on "My child is new to AYSO and wants to play soccer”.
3. Follow the instructions and complete the registration process (Please be sure to include email address where noted as this is how you will be contacted primarily)
4. Print two copies and sign both.
5. Make a copy of your child's birth certificate.
6. Uniform Size - Please indicate at the top of the form (any open area is fine) your child's uniform size: YXS, YS,YM, YL, AS, AM, AL, AXL
7. Fee: $60, personal check made payable to “AYSO Region 113”
8. Submit in person or mail completed Player Registration Forms, a copy of player's birth certificate and $60 application fee to:
Kaneohe AYSO Region 113
PO Box 404
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Only personal checks will be accepted if mailed (do not mail cash). After your registration is accepted, the Registrar will process your forms, and written confirmation will be mailed to you. Player and contact information will be forwarded to the U-5 Master Coach
Each Saturday (weather permitting) starting January 12, 2013 to February 16, 2013. All sessions will be held at Kaneohe District Park. See Schedule for times.
January 19, 2012, Boys from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m., Girls from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
In the event of rain or unplayable conditions (field, weather, etc.), cancellation notices will be e-mailed to all parents and posted on the Region website, www.kaneoheayso.org by 7:30 a.m.
Questions? e-mail Kent Goya at email@example.com. No e-mail? Please call 235-AYSO (235-2976) and please leave a message.
For more information about the AYSO U-5 program, please visit http://ayso.org/resources/short_sided_games/u05_guidelines.aspx
For information about how AYSO works, our Vision and Mission, the Six AYSO Philosophies and much, much more, please visit http://ayso.org